Essential Party Dip Recipes!
Party food always starts with the essential dips. Everyone loves platters of dips especially when teamed with corn chips, savoury biscuits and rice crackers. Dips come in a huge variety and can not only taste great but look quite spectacular when teamed with platters of crudites (vegetable fingers) of carrot, celery, cucumber and more. They can also be teamed with fresh fruit and cheese platters not only for the start of a party but also as a finish touch at a party. Dips are easy to prepare and are a versatile and can even be taken to parties as a gift or your share of the food preparation. We have listed some of our favourite recipes for you to share. If you have a favourite of your own email us and we will put your recipe online attributed to you.
Avacodo and Sour Cream Dip
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 tomatoes coarsley chop with seeds removed
- 4 eschallots
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
Cut avocado into chunks; place in food processor with sour cream, tomato, eschallots, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce.
Pulse until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to chill.
Blue Cheese Dip
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and white pepper; stir well. Add blue cheese; stir gently.
Chill blue cheese dip for at least 1 hour. Serve with assorted vegetables, crackers, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
Cucumber And Cheese Dip
- 3 Ounces of Philadelphian cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- Single ream
- thinly sliced unpeeled cucumber
Combine cream cheese, onion, and finely chopped cucumber. Add single cream until mixture is dipping consistency.
Season to taste and garnish with cucumber clies and leaves.
Makes about 1 cup of dip.
French Onion Dip
- 1 Tub sour cream
- 1 Packet of French Onion Soup
Simply combine the tub of sour cream with 3/4 of the packet of dried French Onion Soup mix and leave to fuse for approximately 15 minutes.
Taste and if you would prefer a stronger flavour add the rest of the French Onion Soup mix. Chill and serve.
- 600g canned chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs tahini paste (made from crushed sesame seeds)
1. In a food processor place the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, olive oil, tahini paste, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until comined. Add 60ml of water and pulse again until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve in a bowl or platter with toasted Turkish bread, chips or vegetable fingers.