Winter in July: Party Inspirations to Steal
Winter parties have a closer atmosphere as they are mostly held indoors. You can beat away the winter blues by throwing a party. Your winter party can be as exciting as any summer parties. There are many ways of making a winter theme party lively, fun and entertaining.
Winter party items
These are to keep you hot. Some of the cocktails you can try out are:
- Hot spicy cocoa – This is hot cocoa mixed in liqueur and dark chocolate.
- Chamomile tea – Try this blend of tea, chamomile, cinnamon, and honey. The tingly spices will keep everyone warm and asking for more.
- Spiked apple cider – Take some apple cider, add a dash of rum, ginger, clove, allspice berries, and some honey.
- Pumpkin toddy – This is sugar pumpkin with brandy, orange bitters, cinnamon, and honey.
- Smoky and spicy chocolate – This is hot chocolate with some whiskey, liqueur, brandy, and whipped cream
Everyone loves a crunchy cookie. Have the whole house covered with nice aromas by organising a baking themed party. This will keep everyone warm and will prove to be a hit with everyone, especially the kids. Your guests can leave with a sackful of cookies at the end of the party.
The white party
While not every winter will be a white winter, all-white décor and costumes will make it look pure, just the way your guests would have envisioned a perfect snowy winter. Decorate with white cotton balls. Wrap gifts in white and have everyone wear white.
It is winter and a time to huddle around the fireplace telling stories and catching up. Why not have everyone put their brains to some exercise with a few reads. It does not have to be something deep or academic. A topic everyone can participate in, like history trivia or riddles, will be quite fine with the relaxed atmosphere.
TV Series binge party
Why curl up on the couch watching a marathon of TV series when you can watch it as a group? Invite your friends over for a binge of your favorite or chosen TV series. Turn it into a party by having some trivia about the series and a prediction competition of what will happen next in the series.
It is very much possible to have a winter party in July with the décor planning, the right crowd, and a generous serving of food and drinks.